Fraud & Misappropriation Investigation
Embezzlement is the intentional misuse or misappropriation of funds or assets (tangible or intangible) entrusted to an employee who has power, control, trust or authority over that money or asset.
We conduct theft, fraud and embezzlement investigations.
These are some of the areas where we can assist you:
· Retail employee theft
· Document manipulation through false vendors, payroll, or other bookkeeping areas.
· Missing assets or inventory.
· Missing deposits.
· Falsification of expense reports.
· Vendor collusion.
· Internal data mining
· Interview strategy for witnesses and/or suspects.
· Obtaining written statements.
· Working with polygraph examiners.
· Case preparation for local law enforcement.
· Identifying potential civil liability areas during the investigation process.
Prior to Sy Schnur starting full operation in 1980, his work experience included the Big Eight, and two medium sized CPA firms, one of which he was a principal, and the second Sy was Partner.
Finding that he could satisfy his clients and their family needs better by controlling service quality and integrity, he started his own firm. Clients would ask him to provide various other services which he previously farmed out to other professionals.
Knowing that he could do a better job, Sy Schnur obtained a Certification as a Business Appraiser, worked with attorneys, and received his Accreditation in Litigation Support.
Still unsatisfied with his clients outside providers, Sy became a PFS (Personal Financial Specialist) followed by his Insurance License and is now his clients’ and their families Risk Controller.
Sy moved from New York City to Somers, New York and opened Mt. Kisco Tax and Monetary Services Group, Inc. to provide the full range of financial services. Over the years, he hired the full compliment of professionals to complete his desires to guide each individual or business through every imaginable financial dilemma. Clients range from incomes of $50,000 to $25,000,000.
Clients are diversified across all types of businesses including, among other, construction, real estate, restaurants, physicians, airline pilots and controllers, alarm services, small tool manufacturers, electrical parts suppliers, car dealers, computer consultants, clothing retailers, garment center, movie producers, website designers and IT administrators, advertising and marketing production, food product creators and suppliers, appliance sales, air conditioner sales and maintenance.
- Individual, business taxes, estate and trust taxes;
- Income tax representation;
- Bookkeeping and accounting services;
- Financial statements-Compilation, reviews and audits;
- Advisory services starting with college planning. pension planning, and every other service through estate planning;
Client locations are across the entire United States, Russia, Italy, Sweden, Belgium, China, Japan, Canada, and Australia.